THE SESSION #128— BEER BLOGGING FRIDAY The Session, a.k.a. Beer Blogging Friday, is an opportunity once a month for beer bloggers from around the world to get together and write from their own unique perspective on a single topic. Each month, a different beer blogger hosts the Session, chooses a topic and creates a round-up listing all of the participants, along with a short pithy critique of each entry.
Deep Beer will be hosting The Session #128 — Beer Blogging Friday for October 2017. The theme chosen is Bottle Shops: Good, Bad & The Ugly. I find bottle shops interesting and would like to learn other perspectives on these places many of us purchase our favorite quaffs. We love our beer and have a variety of options in acquiring it. Some home brew, others like to visit their local pubs, beer tourism and beer destinations have become a trend, but the ever popular bottle shop is often the best and most reliable means for finding our next beer.
Of course, not all bottle shops are the same.
Themes to Consider
Below, I offer a few topics for your consideration and to perhaps spark your imagination, but of course, you can choose your own.
- What defines a great bottle shop —selection, knowledgeable staff, location, prices, other factors
- Iconic bottle shops — Like to share your favorite shops, surprising stories of discovery
- Discovering great bottle shops — have successful methods for finding great bottle shops
- Being a great bottle shop — If you own or work in a shop, do you have tips for success or precautions against failure
- Hacking the bottle shop — secrets to getting what you want or How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Bottle shop travel preparation — do you have a reconnaissance plan when you travel for finding good beer away from home or other beer travel tips
- Other topics of bottle shop curiosity — you choose
Our deadline is October 6. Put a link to your post on our bottle shop theme in a comment to this announcement and shortly after our Friday rendezvous I will write a wrap up summary of all of the articles. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Cheers!